Microsoft® Project 2013: Part 2
Welcome to Microsoft® Project 2013: Part 2. This course is designed to familiarize you with the advanced features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional 2013 so that you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
In Microsoft® Project 2013: Part 1, you learned the basic features of Microsoft® Project Professional 2013 during the planning phase of a project. You gained the knowledge and skills to:
- Create a new project plan. This includes starting a blank project file or starting a project file from a template.
- Manage time in a project plan. This includes changing the project time frame and calendar.
- Manage tasks in a project plan. This includes adding tasks and linking them together into paths.
- Manage resources in a project plan. This includes adding people, equipment, and materials to a project and assigning them to tasks.
- Share a project plan. This includes saving, printing, emailing, and exporting project files.
Microsoft® Project 2013: Part 2 covers the advanced knowledge and skills a project manager needs to update a project plan in Project 2013 during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project. In other words, once your project plan is approved by the project sponsor, this course will enable you to manage the project so that it is completed on time, within budget, and according to scope.
Each lesson in this course is built around the executing, monitoring, and controlling tasks that can be accomplished using the advanced commands found on one of these Project 2013 tabs: PROJECT, TASK, VIEW, or REPORT. This will enable you to become a "power user" and leverage the full potential of the application.
You can also use this course to prepare for the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Microsoft Office Project 2013 certification.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to engage in advanced management of a project plan using Microsoft Project 2013.
- Manage the project environment.
- Manage task structures.
- Generate project views to manage a project.
- Produce project reports to share a project’s status.
Students taking this course are responsible for managing projects in a work environment. This includes creating and maintaining project plans.
To ensure your success in this course, you should be able to create a new project plan, manage time in a project plan, manage tasks in a project plan, manage resources in a project plan, and share a project plan. This can be accomplished by taking the following Logical Operations course: Microsoft® Project 2013: Part 1.
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or greater x86/x64 processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- Hard disk with 2.0 GB available disk space
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX10 graphics card and 1024 x 576 minimum resolution
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access (optional)
- Internet access (optional)
- Printer (optional) or an installed Microsoft XPS Document Writer printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
For this course, you will need the following software:
- Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Microsoft® Office Professional Edition 2013
Microsoft® Project Professional 2013
Lesson 1: Managing the Project Environment
Topic A: Link Projects
Topic B: Baseline a Project
Topic C: Work with Custom Fields
Topic D: Change Project Options
Topic E: Extend Project with Apps
Lesson 2: Managing Task Structures
Topic A: Change a Task List
Topic B: Create a Network Diagram
Topic C: Manage the Critical Path
Topic D: Use Lag and Lead
Topic E: Analyze Earned Value
Lesson 3: Generating Project Views
Topic A: Use View Commands
Topic B: Use Existing Views
Topic C: Create Custom Views
Topic D: Format and Share the Timeline View
Lesson 4: Producing Project Reports
Topic A: Use Existing Reports
Topic B: Create Custom Reports
Topic C: Export Visual Reports
Appendix A: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2013 Exam 74-343
|Days of Training||1|
|Product Type||Print and Digital Courseware|
|Manufacturer's Product Code||N/A|
|Revision Notes||No Revision Information Available|
|Original Publication Date||2013-01-17 00:00:00|
Microsoft Project 2013: Part 2 LogicalLAB
(091111LL) Student Remote Software Environments$10.00
Microsoft Project 2013: Part 2 Data Files CD/DVD
(091111CD) Student Media$2.03
Microsoft Project 2013: Part 2
(091111SE) Student Digital Courseware$20.23
Microsoft Project 2013: Part 2
(091111I) Instructor Print and Digital Courseware$23.32
Microsoft Project 2013: Part 2 Instructor
(091111IE) Instructor Digital Courseware$20.23