Course length: 2.0 day(s)
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 085595
Course length: 2.0 day(s)
Hardware RequirementsFor this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware components:
- A 1 GHz Pentium-class processor or faster.
- Minimum 256 MB of RAM.
- A 8 GB hard disk or larger. You should have at least 1 GB free hard disk space available for the installation of the software.
- A CD-ROM drive.
- A mouse or other pointing device.
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- A printer (optional) or an installed printer driver. (Printers are not required; however, each PC must have an installed printer driver to use Print Preview.)
- A projection system to display the instructor’s computer screen.
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0.
- Netscape Browser 8.1.
- Opera 9.0.
- Java Development Kit 5.0 Update 5.0.
- Tomcat-5.5.4 preconfigured version.
- Adobe Shockwave Player.
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create and manipulate custom objects using the custom object's methods.
- create and manipulate arrays.
- examine cookies and discuss the various uses of cookies.
- validate forms using the generic approach.
- program using DOM API to traverse, modify, and append nodes to documents.
- use CSS to change the appearance and position of the HTML elements dynamically.
- Lesson 1: Using Programming Techniques
- Lesson 2: Implementing Cross-Browser Compatibility
- Topic 2A: Provide Support For Multiple Browsers
- Topic 2B: Detect Browser Compatibility
- Topic 2D: Detect Objects
- Topic 2E: Handle Exceptions
- Topic 3A: Access Custom Objects
- Topic 3B: Use Constructor Functions
- Topic 3C: Add Methods to Objects
- Topic 3D: Use Prototype Function
- Lesson 4: Working with Arrays
- Topic 4A: Create and Populate Arrays
- Topic 4B: Delete Array Elements
- Topic 4C: Use Multi-Dimensional Arrays
- Topic 5A: Use Cookie Objects
- Topic 5B: Store Cookies
- Topic 5C: Process Cookie Values
- Topic 5D: Delete Cookies
- Topic 6A: Validate Forms Using the Generic Approach
- Topic 6B: Implement Generic Validation Using Custom Objects
- Lesson 7: Programming Using DOM API
- Topic 7A: Traverse Documents
- Topic 7B: Modify Documents
- Topic 7C: Append Nodes to Documents
- Lesson 8: Working with DHTML
- Topic 8A: Change Element Appearance Dynamically
- Topic 8B: Assign and Position Elements Dynamically
- Lesson 9: Communicating with Applets and Server Applications
- Topic 9A: Communicate with Java Applets
- Topic 9B: Communicate with Shockwave Files
- Topic 9C: Communicate with ActiveX
- Topic 9D: Communicate with Server Applications