Visio® 2003 Professional: Level 1
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 078415
Course length: 1 day
Software: Visio Professional 2003
In this course, you'll learn fundamental skills while creating several
types of diagrams using Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional. You will create
a directional map, a block diagram, a basic and a cross-functional flowchart,
an organization chart, and an office layout. As you create these drawings,
you will learn techniques to drag and manipulate Visio master shapes, create
connections between shapes, and apply styles to shapes, text, and pages. You
will generate an organization chart from imported data and edit custom properties
to store additional information in your diagrams. You will learn shortcuts
to enhance your productivity and use unique tools designed for each type of
drawing. When you've completed the course, you will have a firm grasp of all
of the skills needed to create any kind of diagram using Visio.
Prerequisites: We designed Visio 2003 Professional: Level 1 for the student who
has little or no experience using Visio 2003 Professional, and who needs to
learn the basic skills that are necessary in order to begin to use this program
Before taking this course, you should have a basic understanding of
your operating system. For example, you should know how to launch an application,
create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Delivery Method: Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model
with structured hands-on activities.
You will need:
- A PC with a Pentium 233 MHz or higher processor. Pentium III
- Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2 (SP3) or later; or
Windows XP or later operating system.
- At least 128 MB of RAM (more is recommended).
- 210 MB of available hard disk space for software installation,
and an additional 5 MB for the course data files.
- A CD-ROM drive.
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution monitor with 256 colors.
- Identify the various types of drawings you can create using Visio
and navigate in a Visio document.
- Drag shapes from Visio stencils and resize, rotate, align, and
- Increase your productivity with smart features, such as numbering
shapes automatically, duplicating shapes quickly, and grouping and aligning.
- Create a flowchart or a cross-functional flowchart.
- Create an organization chart manually or generate one from a text
- Create an office floor plan to scale.
- Lesson 1: An Overview of Visio
- Topic 1A: Visio Documents
- Topic 1B: Elements of the Visio Window
- Topic 1C: Visio Navigation
- Lesson 2: Basic Skills: Creating a Directional Map
- Topic 2A: Using Stencils
- Topic 2B: Saving Files
- Topic 2C: Manipulating Shapes
- Topic 2D: Adding Text
- Topic 2E: Stacking Order
- Lesson 3: Basic Diagram Skills
- Topic 3A: Enhancing Productivity
- Topic 3B: Managing Shapes
- Topic 3C: Applying Styles
- Lesson 4: Flowcharts
- Topic 4A: Connecting Shapes
- Topic 4B: Page Styles
- Topic 4C: Cross-functional Flowcharts
- Lesson 5: Organization Charts
- Topic 5A: Creating an Organization Chart
- Topic 5B: Organization Chart Data Wizard
- Lesson 6: Floor Plan
- Topic 6A: Creating an Office Layout
- Topic 6B: Drawing Scale