Microsoft® Office Word® 2011: Level 2 (Macintosh)
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084552
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will create complex documents and build personalized efficiency
tools using Microsoft Office Word 2011.
Target Student: This course is designed for persons who are able to create and modify
standard business documents in Microsoft Word 2011, but need to know how to
create or modify complex business documents and customized Word efficiency
Prerequisites: Students should be able to use Microsoft Word 2011 to
create, edit, format, save, and print basic business documents containing
text, tables, and graphics. Students can obtain this level of skill by taking
the following Element K course:
- Microsoft® Office Word® 2011: Level 1 (Macintosh)
Hardware RequirementsFor this course, you will need one computer for each student
and the instructor. Each computer should have the following hardware configuration:
- Intel only.
- 1 GB of RAM or more.
- 2.5 GB of available hard disk space. HFS +, also known as
Mac OS Extended format.
- DVD drive.
- A keyboard and mouse or other pointing device.
- 1280 x 800 pixel or higher resolution is recommended.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- A printer (optional) or an installed printer driver.
- A projection system to display the instructor’s computer
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Office:mac (Home & Student, Home &
Business) Edition 2011.
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- manage lists.
- customize tables and charts.
- customize the formatting of a document using styles and
- modify pictures in a document.
- create customized graphic elements.
- control text flow.
- use templates to automate document creation.
- perform the mail merge function.
- use macros to automate common tasks.
- Lesson 1: Managing Lists
- Topic 1A: Sort a List
- Topic 1B: Renumber a List
- Topic 1C: Customize a List
- Lesson 2: Customizing Tables and Charts
- Topic 2A: Sort Table Data
- Topic 2B: Control Cell Layout
- Topic 2C: Perform Calculations in a Table
- Topic 2D: Create Charts
- Lesson 3: Creating Customized Formats with Styles and Themes
- Topic 3A: Create or Modify a Text Style
- Topic 3B: Create a Custom List or Table Style
- Topic 3C: Apply Default and Customized Document Themes
- Lesson 4: Modifying Pictures
- Topic 4A: Resize a Picture
- Topic 4B: Adjust the Picture Appearance Settings
- Topic 4C: Wrap Text Around a Picture
- Lesson 5: Creating Customized Graphic Elements
- Topic 5A: Create Text Boxes
- Topic 5B: Draw Shapes
- Topic 5C: Add WordArt and Other Special Effects to Text
- Topic 5D: Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
- Lesson 6: Controlling Text Flow
- Topic 6A: Control Paragraph Flow
- Topic 6B: Insert Section Breaks
- Topic 6C: Insert Columns
- Topic 6D: Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
- Lesson 7: Using Templates to Automate Document Creation
- Topic 7A: Create a Document Based on a Template
- Topic 7B: Create a Template
- Lesson 8: Automating the Mail Merge
- Topic 8A: Use the Mail Merge Feature
- Topic 8B: Merge Envelopes and Labels
- Topic 8C: Create a Data Source Using Word
- Lesson 9: Using Macros to Automate Tasks
- Topic 9A: Automate Tasks Using Macros
- Topic 9B: Create a Macro