Adobe® Fireworks® CS5
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084393
Course length: 2.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will use Adobe Fireworks CS5 to create vector graphics, edit
bitmap graphics, optimize images, create and assign rollover effects, and
create multiple pages for the web.
Target Student: This course is intended for students looking to learn and use the
features and functions of Adobe Fireworks CS5.
Prerequisites: Before taking this course, students should be familiar
with the basic functions of their computer's operating system such as creating
folders and launching programs. Students should also have basic Windows application
skills, such as copying and pasting objects, formatting text, saving files,
and more. Students should be familiar with web terminologies.
- 1 GHz Pentium-class processor or faster
- Minimum 512 MB of RAM
- 10 GB of available hard-disk space or larger
- CD-ROM drive
- Mouse or other pointing device
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Internet access (see your local network administrator)
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
Each computer requires the following software:
- Adobe® Fireworks® CS5
- Adobe® Acrobat Reader® 7.0 or higher
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- get acquainted with Adobe Fireworks CS5.
- create shapes in a document.
- create vector paths.
- insert and manipulate text in a Fireworks document.
- work with bitmap graphics.
- enhance the objects in a drawing.
- work with pages in a document.
- create hotspots for images and link the images to web pages.
- create web elements.
- finalize a document.
- organize creative assets using Adobe Bridge.
- Lesson 1: The Adobe® Fireworks® CS5 Environment
- Topic 1A: The Adobe Fireworks CS5 Interface
- Topic 1B: Customize the Interface
- Topic 1C: Use Fireworks Help
- Topic 1D: Explore the Adobe® Bridge® Workspace
- Lesson 2: Creating Shapes in a Document
- Topic 2A: Create a Document
- Topic 2B: Differentiate Between Raster and Vector Graphics
- Topic 2C: Draw Basic Shapes
- Topic 2D: Save a Document
- Lesson 3: Creating Vector Paths
- Topic 3A: Draw Paths
- Topic 3B: Modify Paths
- Lesson 4: Working with Text
- Topic 4A: Insert Text
- Topic 4B: Make Text to Flow on a Path
- Topic 4C: Convert Text to Paths
- Topic 4D: Import Text
- Topic 4E: Insert Special Characters
- Lesson 5: Working with Bitmap Graphics
- Topic 5A: Import and Resize Bitmap Graphics
- Topic 5B: Edit Bitmap Graphics
- Lesson 6: Enhancing Objects
- Topic 6A: Align Objects
- Topic 6B: Modify Vector Graphics
- Topic 6C: Work
with Vector Graphics Color
- Topic 6D: Format Text with Styles
- Topic 6E: Apply Live Filters to Objects
- Lesson 7: Working with Pages
- Topic 7A: Generate Pages
- Topic 7B: Create Layers
- Lesson 8: Working with Hotspots
- Topic 8A: Create Hotspots
- Topic 8B: Add Links to Hotspots
- Lesson 9: Creating Web Elements
- Topic 9A: Create Symbols
- Topic 9B: Create States
- Topic 9C: Slice an Object
- Topic 9D: Apply Rollover Effects
- Lesson 10: Finalizing Documents
- Topic 10A: Check a Document for Spelling Errors
- Topic 10B: Optimize Images
- Topic 10C: Export a Document
- Lesson 11: Organizing Assets Using Adobe Bridge
- Topic 11A: Customize the Adobe Bridge Workspace
- Topic 11B: Append Metadata to Assets