Introduction to Programming Using Java SE 7
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 085663
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will learn the basic concepts of programming using Java as the
tool for learning.
Target Student: This course is intended for students with no prior academic background
in a field other than computer science or programming, who wish to embark
on a course of study that will prepare them for employment as professional
software developers. Students who interact on a business basis with software
development professionals and need to improve communication through better
understanding of the concepts and terminology used by professional programmers
will also benefit equally.
Prerequisites: Students should be familiar with using personal computers
with a mouse and keyboard. Basic typing skills are mandatory. Students should
be comfortable in the use of the Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista environment,
or Windows 7 environment. To ensure your success in this course, we recommend
that you take the following Element K courses or have equivalent experience: Microsoft Windows Vista: Level 1Microsoft Windows XP Professional: Level 1
- A 1 GHz Pentium®-class processor or faster
- Minimum 512 MB of RAM
- 10 GB hard disk or larger
- A CD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse or other pointing device
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
Each computer requires the following software:
- Java™ SE Development Kit 7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 6.0.
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore various programming concepts.
- create simple programs.
- use methods to define the behavior of classes.
- implement the object-oriented methodology.
- handle errors in a program.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Programming
- Topic 1A: Overview of Programming
- Topic 1B: Introduction to the Software Development Life Cycle
- Lesson 2: Creating Simple Programs
- Topic 2A: Work with Variables
- Topic 2B: Work with Operators
- Topic 2C: Control Program Execution
- Topic 2D: Work with Arrays
- Lesson 3: Creating Programs Using Methods
- Topic 3A: Create
- Topic 3B: Work with Built-in Methods
- Lesson 4: Implementing
the Object-Oriented Methodology
- Topic 4A: Create a Class
- Topic 4B: Create an Object
- Topic 4C: Create a Constructor
- Topic 4D: Create a Subclass
- Lesson 5: Handling Programming Errors
- Topic 5A: Fix Syntax Errors
- Topic 5B: Fix Logical Errors
- Topic 5C: Fix Runtime Errors