Dealing with Challenging Customer Interactions
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 088880
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will explore methods for dealing with common difficult customer
Target Student: This course is intended for customer service representatives and
any client-facing employee who needs to cope with challenging customer situations,
either directly or indirectly. This course is also highly useful to customer
service managers, who need to be aware of the potential difficult situations
in the field and have a standard means of addressing them.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the
following courses, or have equivalent knowledge:
- Customer Service Via Phone and Email
- Emotional Intelligence
- A Pentium® III with 500 MHz (or better), or Macintosh®
Intel-based or PowerPC G4 (or better) processor.
- At least 512 MB of RAM.
- A monitor capable of 1024 x 768 screen resolution and 32-bit
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Windows Vista®, Windows® XP (Professional
or Home Edition), Windows 2000, or Apple® Mac OS® X 10.4 (or higher).
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7 (or higher), Mozilla®
Firefox® 2 (or higher), or Apple® Safari® 2 (or higher), with
pop-up blocking turned off.
- Adobe® Flash® Player 8 (current version recommended).
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- learn to establish a solid relationship with the customer,
so that you may proceed with the interaction in a positive direction.
- learn to overcome communication issues when dealing with
- learn to resolve challenging situations with customers.
- Lesson 1: Establishing a Solid Customer Relationship
- Topic 1A: Review Customer Service Basics
- Topic 1B: Recognize a Difficult Situation
- Topic 1C: Work Within Your Company's Parameters
- Topic 1D: Handle Simultaneous Customer Contacts
- Topic 1E: Handle a Difficult Customer Interaction
- Lesson 2: Overcoming Communication Issues
- Topic 2A: Adapt to the Customer's Personality Style
- Topic 2B: Identify the Customer's Issue
- Topic 2C: Overcome Communication Issues
- Lesson 3: Resolving Challenging Situations
- Topic 3A: Educate the Customer
- Topic 3B: Focus on the Issue
- Topic 3C: Overcome Negativity
- Topic 3D: Redirect the Customer
- Topic 3E: Follow Up on a Challenging Situation