Creating a Winning Management Style
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 088915
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will learn to adopt the best practices for a winning management style and to build an effective team.
Target Student: This course is geared toward new and seasoned managers and team leaders who seek to learn best practices related to general
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
- A Pentium® III with 500 MHz (or better), Macintosh® Intel-based, or PowerPC G4 (or better) processor
- At least 512 MB of RAM
- A monitor capable of 1024 x 768 screen resolution and 32-bit color display
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Windows Vista®, Windows® XP (Professional or Home Edition), Windows® 2000, or Apple® Mac OS® X 10.4 (or higher)
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7 (or higher), Mozilla® Firefox® 2 (or higher), or Apple® Safari® 2 (or higher) with pop-up
blocking turned off
- Adobe® Flash® Player 8 (current version recommended)
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- learn to adopt the best management style.
- learn to build a competent team.
- Lesson 1: Adopting the Best Management Style
- Topic 1A: Management Theories
- Topic 1B: Recognize the Winning Management Style
- Topic 1C: Adopt an Effective Communication Style
- Topic 1D: Adopt a Personal Style
- Lesson 2: Building a Competent Team
- Topic 2A: Encourage Collaborative Decision Making
- Topic 2B: Improve Team Performance
- Topic 2C: Reward and Promote People
- Topic 2D: Build Self-Esteem and Trust