Mac OS® X v10.5: Introduction
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084017
Software: Mac OS® X Leopard®
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Computers are used in almost all fields of work. To work
with a computer, it is essential to understand the computer environment and
the traits of its various applications. In this course, you'll explore a number
of interface elements and applications that make Mac Leopard a significant
and user amiable OS.
Course Objective: You will explore Mac OS X Leopard's environment and learn to use
its various applications such as Safari, iChat, and iLife. You will also use
the OS to manage your files and folders, save information, and manage storage
Target Student: This course is designed for desktop users who are interested in
learning the fundamentals needed to work on a Macintosh system. This course
is also intended for anyone needing to understand the Mac OS® X v10.5
new features/functionality to take advantage of its capabilities. (Office
Workers, College Students, SOHO, etc.)
Prerequisites: Students should understand and be proficient in desktop
usage. Knowledge of previous versions of Mac operating systems is desired
but not needed.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Mac computer with an Intel®, PowerPC G5 or PowerPC G4
(867 MHz or faster) processor.
- 512 MB of memory.
- DVD drive for installation.
- 9 GB of available disk space.
- Some features require Apple's .Mac service; fees apply.
- Some features require a compatible Internet service provider;
fees may apply.
- Mac OS® X v10.5 Leopard® installation DVD.
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- examine and explore the user interface elements.
- manage files and folders.
- work with data.
- work with the iLife Application suite.
- browse the Internet.
- manage memory and storage space on your computer.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Mac Leopard
- Topic 1A: Explore the Desktop Elements
- Topic 1B: Use the Dashboard
- Topic 1C: Arrange the Dock Elements
- Topic 1D: Set the System Preferences
- Topic 1E: Get Help Using the Mac Help Window
- Lesson 2: Managing Files and Folders
- Topic 2A: Create a Folder
- Topic 2B: Use Folder Display Options
- Topic 2C: Work with Finder
- Lesson 3: Working with Data
- Topic 3A: Create a TextEdit Document
- Topic 3B: Insert Objects in a Document
- Topic 3C: Edit a Document
- Topic 3D: Format a Document
- Topic 3E: Print a Document
- Lesson 4: Working with iLife Applications
- Topic 4A: Work with GarageBand
- Topic 4B: Work with iPhoto
- Topic 4C: Work with iMovie
- Topic 4D: Work with iDVD
- Topic 4E: Work with iWeb
- Lesson 5: Browsing the Internet
- Topic 5A: Familiarize Yourself with the Internet
- Topic 5B: Browse Websites Using Safari
- Topic 5C: Familiarize Yourself with Electronic Mail
- Topic 5D: Use iChat
- Lesson 6: Managing
- Topic 6A: Determine Memory and Storage Capacity
- Topic 6B: Organize the Hard Disk
- Topic 6C: Use Removable Media