Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007: VBA
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084037
Microsoft® Office 2007
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
In the previous Excel courses, you used Excel to simplify business tasks,
including the creation of spreadsheets, graphs, charts, and formulas that were
difficult to create and nearly impossible to maintain using pencil and paper.
You now want to simplify your work in the Excel environment by automating many
of the repetitive tasks that are part of the spreadsheet development. In this
course, you will apply the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming
language to simplify many of the tasks that you can perform using various tools
and functions in Excel 2007. Course Objective: You will apply
automation to job tasks in Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007.
Student: Advanced Microsoft Excel professionals who need to automate Excel
spreadsheet tasks using Visual Basic for Applications
Prerequisites: Knowledge of Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007,
including how to create, edit, format, and print worksheets that contain charts,
and sorted and filtered data. To ensure your success, we recommend the following
ElementK courses, or equivalent knowledge in Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007:
Level 1, Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007: Level 2, and Microsoft® Office Excel®
2007: Level 3.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced,
classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
For this course, you need one computer for each student and one for the
instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware
- 500 MHz processor or higher
- 512 of MB RAM
- 20 GB of free hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- Mouse or other pointing device
- 1024 x 768 resolution video card and monitor
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access
- Printer (optional)
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 1 or Windows® 2000 Professional
with Service Pack 3
- Microsoft® Office 2007 Professional Enterprise Edition
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this
course, students will be able to:
- create, edit, and debug a macro.
- format worksheets using macros.
- create an interactive worksheet.
- work with multiple worksheets.
- perform calculations.
- Lesson 1: Developing Macros
- Topic 1A: Create a Macro with the Macro Recorder
- Topic 1B: Edit a Macro
- Topic 1C: Debug a Macro
- Topic 1D: Customize the Quick Access Toolbar and Hotkeys
- Topic 1E: Work with Macro Security
- Lesson 2: Formatting Worksheets Using Macros
- Topic 2A: Insert Text
- Topic 2B: Format Text
- Topic 2C: Sort Data
- Topic 2D: Duplicate Data
- Topic 2E: Generate a Report
- Lesson 3: Creating an Interactive Worksheet
- Topic 3A: Determine the Dialog Box Type
- Topic 3B: Capture User Input
- Lesson 4: Working with Multiple Worksheets
- Topic 4A: Insert, Copy, and Delete Worksheets
- Topic 4B: Rename Worksheets
- Topic 4C: Modify the Order of Worksheets
- Topic 4D: Print Worksheets
- Lesson 5: Performing Calculations
- Topic 5A: Create User-Defined Functions
- Topic 5B: Automate SUM Functions