Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084053
Software: Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2008
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
As a Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2008 user,
you are familiar with the basics of creating a presentation, and you are able
to convey information effectively in a simple way. Static content in a presentation,
however, will not keep your audience interested. In this course, you will
enhance presentations with features that will transform basic presentations
into a powerful means of communication.
Course Objective: You will enhance your presentation with features that will transform
it into a powerful means of communication. You will customize the PowerPoint
interface to suit your requirements and use the new and enhanced features
to create dynamic and visually appealing presentations. You will then finalize
a presentation and secure it to authenticate its validity.
Target Student: This course is designed for students who want to gain the skills
necessary to work with design templates, various types of diagrams, special
effects, custom slide shows, collaboration functionality, and advanced presentation
delivery. It is for students who already have knowledge of the basics of PowerPoint
2008, including slide formatting and working with tables, charts, images,
objects, and presentation preparation.
Prerequisites: To ensure success, we recommend you to first take the
following Element K courses:
- Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2008:
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Web browsing experience is also strongly recommended.
For this course, you will need one Macintosh computer
for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer should have the
following minimum hardware configuration:
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 1.83 GHz, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC
G4 (500 MHz or faster) processor
- 512 MB of RAM or more
- 10 GB of hard disk or larger (at least 1.5 GB of free hard
disk space for Office installation)
- DVD drive
- Keyboard and mouse or other pointing device
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor (recommended)
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or a printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor’s screen
- Microsoft® Office 2008 for Mac
- Mac OS® X version 10.5 or later
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- customize the PowerPoint environment.
- customize a design template.
- add diagrams to your presentation.
- add special effects to a PowerPoint presentation.
- use the various options to customize slide shows.
- use PowerPoint to collaborate on a presentation.
- finalize a presentation.
- Lesson 1: Customizing the PowerPoint Environment
- Topic 1A: Customize Toolbars and Menus
- Topic 1B: Personalize the PowerPoint Interface
- Topic 1C: Customize Save Options
- Topic 1D: Apply Advanced Customization Options
- Lesson 2: Customizing a Design Template
- Topic 2A: Set Up a Slide Master
- Topic 2B: Customize Slide Layouts
- Topic 2C: Create Custom Themes
- Topic 2D: Add Headers
- Topic 2E: Modify the Notes Master
- Topic 2F: Modify the Handout Master
- Lesson 3: Adding Diagrams to a Presentation
- Topic 3A: Create Diagrams
- Topic 3B: Modify Diagrams
- Lesson 4: Adding Special Effects to Presentations
- Topic 4A: Add Multimedia Elements
- Topic 4B: Customize Slide Component Animations
- Lesson 5: Customizing
a Slide Show Presentation
- Topic 5A: Set Up a Custom Show
- Topic 5B: Annotate a Presentation
- Topic 5C: Create a Presenter-Independent Slide Show
- Topic 5D: Set Up a Slide Show to Repeat Automatically
- Lesson 6: Collaborating on a Presentation
- Topic 6A: Review a Presentation
- Topic 6B: Send a Presentation for Review
- Topic 6C: Merge Revision Copies
- Topic 6D: Apply Reviewer Changes
- Lesson 7: Finalizing a Presentation
- Topic 7A: Package a Presentation
- Topic 7B: Publish a Presentation as a Web Page