Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084059
Software: Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007
Course length: 0.5 day(s)
You have worked with Microsoft® Office Excel®
2003, and you now need to be aware of the additional features in the latest
release of the software for improving the management, presentation, and distribution
of your spreadsheets. In this course, you will work with the new and enhanced
features in Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007.
Course Objective: You will be introduced to the new features in Microsoft Office Excel
Target Student: This course is designed for experienced Excel users who have worked
with earlier versions of Microsoft Office Excel, ideally Microsoft Office
Excel 2003, and who have upgraded to Microsoft Office Excel 2007.
Prerequisites: Students enrolling in this course should understand how
to use some version of Excel, preferably 2003, and have some familiarity with
the Internet. This course covers the commonly used new features for a typical
user. Due to the nature of this course and the minimal prerequisites, there
are other more advanced new features that are not covered in depth.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
For this course, you will need one computer for each student
and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum
- A 1 GHz Pentium®-class processor or faster.
- A minimum of 256 MB of RAM; 512 MB of RAM is recommended.
- A 10 GB hard disk or larger. You should have at least 1 GB
of free hard disk space available for the Office installation.
- A CD-ROM drive.
- A mouse or other pointing device.
- A 1024 x 768 resolution monitor is recommended.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- A printer (optional) or an installed printer driver. (Printers
are not required; however, each PC must have an installed printer driver to
use Print Preview.)
- A projection system to display the instructor’s computer
- Microsoft® Office® Professional Edition 2007
- Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the new and enhanced Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- organize data in Excel worksheets using enhanced tables
and table formats.
- analyze Excel data by applying enhanced conditional formatting,
and generate specific information using the sort and filter options.
- present Excel data using enhanced charts and illustrations,
as well as work with the enhanced options of PivotTables and PivotCharts for
conducting selective analysis.
- Lesson 1: Exploring the Excel Environment
- Topic 1A: Explore the User Interface
- Topic 1B: Work with the Ribbon
- Topic 1C: Work with Contextual Tabs
- Topic 1D: Use Excel Galleries
- Topic 1E: Customize the Excel Interface
- Lesson 2: Organizing Data
- Topic 2A: Explore the Enhancements to Excel 2007 Spreadsheets
- Topic 2B: Insert Tables
- Topic 2C: Format Tables
- Lesson 3: Analyzing Data
- Topic 3A: Apply Conditional Formatting
- Topic 3B: Sort Data in a Spreadsheet
- Topic 3C: Filter Data in a Spreadsheet
- Topic 3D: Apply a Formula
- Lesson 4: Presenting Data
- Topic 4A: Create Charts
- Topic 4B: Format Charts
- Topic 4C: Work with Illustrations
- Topic 4D: Create PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Topic 4E: Share Excel Charts
- Topic 4F: Save Data in Presentable Formats
- Appendix A: New
Features in Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Appendix B: Enhanced
File and Compatibility Features in Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Appendix C: Managing Compatibility Issues in Office Excel 2007