Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084060
Software: Microsoft® Office Word 2007
Course length: 0.5 day(s)
In the past, you have extensively used Microsoft®
Office Word 2003 to author and format content and graphics within documents.
Word 2007 with its new features such as user-friendly formatting, design,
and authoring tools, improves the process of document creation and distribution.
In this course, you will be introduced to the new and enhanced features in
Microsoft® Office Word 2007.
Course Objective: You will explore the components of the results-oriented interface
of the Word environment and customize the interface to suit your requirements.
You will then use the tools available in Word 2007 to create documents that
look professional and also visually appealing. You will then compare different
versions of a document, in addition to finalizing and securing your document
before it reaches its target audience.
Target Student: This course is designed for experienced Word users who have worked
with earlier versions of Microsoft® Office Word, ideally Microsoft®
Office Word 2003, and who have upgraded to Microsoft® Office Word 2007.
Prerequisites: Students enrolling in this course should understand how
to use some version of Word, preferably 2003, and have some familiarity with
the Internet. This course covers the commonly used new features for a typical
user. Due to the nature of this course and the minimal prerequisites, certain
advanced new features are not covered in depth.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
For this course, you will need one computer for each student
and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum
- Intel® Pentium® IV 1.5 GHz processor (2 GHz recommended)
- Minimum 256 MB of RAM; 512 MB of RAM recommended
- 10 GB of hard disk or larger if you use Windows® XP Professional
as your operating system (at least 1 GB of free hard disk space available
for the Office installation)
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Mouse or other pointing device
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor (recommended)
- VGA or higher video adapter
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver (Printers
are not required; however, each PC must have an installed printer driver to
use Print Preview)
- Projection system to display the instructor’s computer
- Microsoft® Office Professional 2007 Edition
- Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the components of the results-oriented interface
of the Word environment.
- use the tools available in Word 2007 to create professional-looking
- finalize and secure a document.
- Lesson 1: Exploring the Word Environment
- Topic 1A: Explore the User Interface
- Topic 1B: Work with the Ribbon
- Topic 1C: Work with Contextual Tabs
- Topic 1D: Use the Word Galleries
- Topic 1E: Customize the Word Interface
- Lesson 2: Creating Professional-Looking Documents
- Topic 2A: Apply Styles
- Topic 2B: Apply Document Themes
- Topic 2C: Add Building Blocks
- Topic 2D: Work with Illustrations
- Topic 2E: Build an Equation
- Topic 2F: Add Citations and a Bibliography
- Lesson 3: Finalizing Documents
- Topic 3A: Compare Reviewed Documents
- Topic 3B: Inspect Documents
- Topic 3C: Apply Digital Signatures
- Topic 3D: Save a Document
- Appendix A: New
Features in Microsoft® Office Word 2007
- Appendix B: Enhanced
File and Compatibility Features in Microsoft® Office Word 2007