Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084068
Software: Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
You are a relatively proficient user of Microsoft®
Office Excel® 2007, and you now wish to take advantage of the advanced
features and techniques used in Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007. Excel
has many tools and functions that help you in analyzing varied data to make
decisions having large scale implications on profitability, be it in the domain
of sales, project management, credit, equities, futures, options, currency,
and so on. In this course, you will use the advanced features of Microsoft®
Office Excel® 2007 to attain a high degree of proficiency as an Excel
Course Objective: You will use the advanced features of Microsoft® Office Excel®
2007 to attain a high degree of proficiency as an Excel power user.
Target Student: This course is designed for advanced Microsoft Office Excel professionals
who may work or be interested in the domain of finance, statistics, project
analysis, and market analysis including the fields of micro- and macro-economics.
Prerequisites: Excel 2007 knowledge, including how to create, edit, format,
and print worksheets that include charts and sorted and filtered data is required.
You should also know how to write and edit simple formulas. To ensure your
success, we recommend the following Element K courses, or equivalent knowledge:
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007: Level 1
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007: Level 2
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007: Level 3
For this course, you will need one computer for each student
and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum
- 1 GHz Pentium-class processor or faster
- Minimum 256 MB of RAM (512 MB of RAM recommended)
- 10 GB hard disk or larger (at least 1 GB of free hard disk
space available for the Office installation)
- CD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse or other pointing device
- VGA or higher video adapter and monitor (1024 x 768 resolution
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Projection system to display the instructor’s computer
- Microsoft® Windows XP Professional with SP2 and Windows Server
2003 with SP1, Standard or Enterprise edition
- Microsoft® Office Professional Edition 2007
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- forecast data using functions.
- analyze data using the data analysis tools in Microsoft
Office Excel 2007.
- make investment decisions using the financial functions
in Microsoft Office Excel 2007.
- examine data using math functions in Microsoft Office
- manipulate data using text and information functions in
Microsoft Office Excel 2007.
- create templates and work with the advanced chart options.
- manage data in Excel workbooks.
- Lesson 1: Manipulating Data Using Statistical and Lookup Functions
- Topic 1A: Forecast GDP Using Statistical Functions
- Topic 1B: Evaluate Sales Data Using Statistical Functions
- Topic 1C: Analyze Stock Data Using Statistical Functions
- Topic 1D: Mine Data Using the Lookup and Reference Functions
- Lesson 2: Analyzing Data Using Data Analysis Tools
- Topic 2A: Analyze Sales Data Using Descriptive Statistics
- Topic 2B: Analyze Time Series Data Using Exponential Smoothing
- Topic 2C: Analyze Data Using Regression
- Topic 2D: Identify Beta Value of a Security
- Topic 2E: Analyze Sector Data Using Correlation and Covariance
- Topic 2F: Optimize Stock Portfolio Using Solver
- Lesson 3: Working with Data Using Financial Functions
- Topic 3A: Develop an Investment Schedule Using Financial Functions
- Topic 3B: Make Investment Decisions Using Financial Functions
- Lesson 4: Examining Data Using Math Functions
- Topic 4A: Analyze Sales Data Using Math Functions
- Topic 4B: Calculate Stock Returns Using Math Functions
- Topic 4C: Aggregate GDP Data Using Math Functions
- Lesson 5: Manipulating Data Using Text and Information Functions
- Topic 5A: Manipulate Data Using Text Functions
- Topic 5B: Validate Data Using Information Functions
- Lesson 6: Working with Templates and Charts
- Topic 6A: Create Advanced Templates
- Topic 6B: Create Advanced Charts
- Lesson 7: Managing Data in Workbooks
- Topic 7A: Retrieve and Paste Data
- Topic 7B: Determine the Conditional Sum
- Topic 7C: Identify Specific Data Using the Lookup Wizard
- Topic 7D: Clean Data in Workbooks