Adobe® Photoshop® CS5: Web Production
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084387
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will set Photoshop’s unit preferences and save files in
different formats to see how well each format balances image quality with
file size reduction. You will then calibrate your system’s color display.
You will also use Photoshop as part of creating finished web pages, export
individual slices, and create an HTML web page that displays a table containing
the sliced sections. Finally, you will create and optimize animations for
the web and mobile devices.
Target Student: This course is intended for web professionals with a basic knowledge
of Photoshop, who are interested in using Photoshop for web production. This
course covers the Adobe® Certified Associate and Adobe® Certified
Expert exam objectives, and is intended to help prepare students to take the
Adobe Certified Associate exam and Adobe Certified Expert exam.
Prerequisites: To ensure students' success with this course, we recommend
that they have basic knowledge of Photoshop or have taken the following Element
K course: Adobe® Photoshop® CS5: Level 1.
- Intel® Pentium® 4, Intel® Centrino®, Intel®
Xeon®, or Intel® Core™ Duo (or compatible) processor
- 512 MB RAM or above
- 1 GB hard-disk space to install software and an additional
500 MB to run the course
- Color monitor with 16-bit or greater video card; 24-bit color
- Mouse or any other compatible tracking device
- 1024 x 768 or higher monitor resolution
- Internet connection with Internet Explorer version 3.0 or
later, or Netscape Navigator version 3.0 or later
- CD-ROM drive
- Display system to project the instructor's computer screen
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2
- Adobe® Photoshop® CS5 Extended
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer®
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- prepare images for the web.
- optimize images by saving them in different formats and
applying transparency to them.
- apply color management techniques, alter image brightness,
and ensure color consistency to create images that are attractive to the widest
possible audience who use different platforms such as Macintosh and Windows.
- create web page layouts.
- export a web page.
- create animations for web and mobile devices.
- Lesson 1: Preparing Web Images
- Topic 1A: Understand Images for the Web
- Topic 1B: Reduce File Size
- Lesson 2: Optimizing Images
- Topic 2A: Optimize Photographic Images
- Topic 2B: Optimize Flat Color Graphics and Illustrations
- Topic 2C: Apply Transparency Settings
- Lesson 3: Preparing Images for Cross-Platform Viewing
- Topic 3A: Set Up Color Management for the Web
- Topic 3B: Alter Images for Displaying Across Platforms
- Topic 3C: Snap to Web-Safe Colors
- Lesson 4: Creating Web Page Layouts
- Topic 4A: Create a Web Page
- Topic 4B: Create Web Page Backgrounds
- Topic 4C: Draw Editable Vector Shapes
- Topic 4D: Create Effects
- Lesson 5: Exporting a Web Page
- Topic 5A: Prepare a Web Page for Export
- Topic 5B: Export a Web Page
Appendix A: New
Features in Adobe® Photoshop® CS5: Web Production
- Lesson 6: Creating Animations for Web and Mobile Devices
- Topic 6A: Create Frame Animations
- Topic 6B: Create Timeline Animations
- Topic 6C: Save Animations
- Topic 6D: Preview Animations on Mobile Devices