Adobe® Flash® CS3: Level 1
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084540
Software: Adobe® Flash® CS3
Course length: 2.0 day(s)
Adobe® Flash® CS3: Level 1 is the appropriate course for you if you need to create web pages or web page components that contain text, graphics, and
animation, and that will display correctly in almost every browser on most computing platforms.
Course Objective: You will create Flash-based movies that contain graphics, text, and animations.
Target Student: A professional who wants to develop multimedia and distribute it on the web for electronic communications. Target customers
are advertising agencies, marketing agencies, production houses, and design- or media-focused departments within larger corporations.
Prerequisites: To get the most out of this course, students should be familiar with using a Windows-based computer. They should be comfortable
using the Internet with Internet Explorer; familiarity with other browsers is a plus. Furthermore, students should have a
basic understanding of HTML and design and media applications, such as Freehand and Fireworks.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- An Intel® Pentium® 4, Intel Centrino®, Intel Xeon®, or Intel Core™ Duo (or compatible) processor.
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB recommended).
- 1.8 GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation).
- A 1024 x 768 resolution video card and monitor.
- A DVD-ROM drive.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (see your local network administrator).
- A keyboard and a mouse or other input device.
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2
- Adobe® Flash® CS3 Professional
- Adobe® Flash® CS3 Video Encoder
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0 or later version
- QuickTime® Free Player 7 or later
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the types of applications you can build, how the user interface can be used, and how to create Flash movies.
- create and manipulate graphics in your Flash document.
- add text and Flash components to your Flash document.
- animate graphics using different techniques.
- add interactivity to your Flash document using buttons.
- work with movie clips.
- add audio to a movie.
- add video to a movie for creating dynamic animations in Flash.
- publish Flash documents.
- Lesson 1: Exploring Adobe Flash CS3
- Topic 1A: Examine Rich Internet Applications
- Topic 1B: Explore the Adobe Flash CS3 Environment
- Topic 1C: Produce a Flash Application File
- Lesson 2: Working with Graphics
- Topic 2A: Import Graphics
- Topic 2B: Create Vector Graphics
- Topic 2C: Modify Vector Graphics
- Topic 2D: Organize Content with Layers
- Topic 2E: Modify Colors
- Topic 2F: Convert Graphics to Symbols
- Topic 2G: Create a Mask Effect
- Lesson 3: Managing Text in a Flash Document
- Topic 3A: Add Text to a Flash Document
- Topic 3B: Set Font Options
- Topic 3C: Add Input Text Using Flash Components
- Topic 3D: Apply a Skin to a Component
- Lesson 4: Adding Animations to a Flash Document
- Topic 4A: Create a Frame-by-Frame Animation
- Topic 4B: Create a Motion Tween Animation
- Topic 4C: Create a Complex Motion Tween
- Topic 4D: Control the Timeline with ActionScript
- Topic 4E: Create a Shape Tween Animation
- Topic 4F: Animate Using Timeline Effects
- Lesson 5: Adding Interactivity to Buttons
- Topic 5A: Create Buttons
- Topic 5B: Control Movies with Button Behaviors
- Topic 5C: Create Navigation Systems
- Lesson 6: Working with Movie Clips
- Topic 6A: Add Interactivity with Movie Clips
- Topic 6B: Create a Flash Slide Presentation
- Topic 6C: Apply Effects to Movie Clips
- Lesson 7: Adding Audio to a Movie
- Topic 7A: Import Audio
- Topic 7B: Control Sound Playback
- Topic 7C: Add Sounds with Behaviors
- Lesson 8: Adding Video to a Movie
- Topic 8A: Encode a Video Object
- Topic 8B: Create a Video Object
- Lesson 9: Publishing Flash Documents
- Topic 9A: Publish a Flash Document
- Topic 9B: Detect the Flash Player Version