Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2011: Level 2 (Macintosh)
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084554
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will enhance your presentation by using features that will transform
it into a powerful means of communication. You will customize the PowerPoint
interface to suit your requirements and use features to create dynamic and
visually appealing presentations. You will then finalize a presentation and
secure it to authenticate its validity.
Target Student: This course is designed for professionals who will use Microsoft
Office PowerPoint 2011 to prepare presentations and be more productive in
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, we recommend that you first take
one of Element K’s introductory courses, such as Microsoft®
Office PowerPoint® 2011 : Level 1 (Macintosh) or have equivalent knowledge and skills.
Hardware RequirementsFor this course, you will need one computer for each student
and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum
- Intel only.
- 1 GB of RAM or more.
- 2.5 GB of available hard disk space. HFS +, also known as
Mac OS Extended format.
- DVD drive.
- A keyboard and mouse or other pointing device.
- 1280 x 800 pixel or higher resolution is recommended.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- A printer (optional) or an installed printer driver.
- A projection system to display the instructor’s computer
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Office:mac (Home & Student, Home &
Business) Edition 2011
- Adobe® Reader 8.0 or above
- Adobe® Shockwave Player 10
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- customize the PowerPoint environment.
- customize a design template.
- add SmartArt graphics to a presentation.
- add special effects to a presentation.
- customize a slide show.
- collaborate on a presentation.
- secure and distribute a presentation.
- Lesson 1: Customizing the PowerPoint Environment
- Topic 1A: Customize the PowerPoint Interface
- Topic 1B: Set Options for Working with PowerPoint
- Lesson 2: Customizing a Design Template
- Topic 2A: Set Up a Slide Master
- Topic 2B: Create Custom Slide Layouts
- Topic 2C: Add Footers
- Topic 2D: Modify the Notes Master
- Topic 2E: Modify the Handout Master
- Lesson 3: Adding SmartArt Graphics to a Presentation
- Topic 3A: Insert SmartArt Graphics
- Topic 3B: Modify SmartArt Graphics
- Lesson 4: Adding Special Effects to a Presentation
- Topic 4A: Add Multimedia Elements
- Topic 4B: Customize Slide Component Animations
- Lesson 5: Customizing a Slide Show
- Topic 5A: Set Up a Custom Slide Show
- Topic 5B: Annotate a Presentation
- Topic 5C: Create a Presenter-Independent Slide Show
- Topic 5D: Set Up a Slide Show to Repeat Automatically
- Lesson 6: Collaborating on a Presentation
- Topic 6A: Review a Presentation
- Topic 6B: Publish Presentations to a SharePoint Server
- Topic 6C: Share a Presentation Using PowerPoint Web App
Appendix A: PowerPoint
Appendix B: Math
- Lesson 7: Distributing a Presentation
- Topic 7A: Broadcast a Presentation
- Topic 7B: Save a Presentation as a Movie
- Topic 7C: Save a Presentation in the PDF Format