Microsoft® Office Excel® 2011: Level 2 (Macintosh)
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084556
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will use advanced formulas and work with various tools to analyze
data in spreadsheets. You will also organize table data, present data as charts,
and enhance the look and appeal of workbooks by adding graphical objects.
Target Student: This course is meant for those desiring to gain advanced skill sets
necessary for calculating data using functions and formulas, sorting and filtering
data, using PivotTables and PivotCharts for analyzing data, and customizing
Prerequisites: Before starting this course, students are recommended
to take the following Element K course or have equivalent knowledge: Microsoft® Office Excel® 2011: Level
Hardware RequirementsFor this course, you will need one computer for each student
and the instructor. Each computer should have the following hardware configuration:
- Intel only.
- 1 GB of RAM or more.
- 2.5 GB of available hard disk space. HFS +, also known as
Mac OS Extended format.
- DVD drive.
- A keyboard and mouse or other pointing device.
- 1280 x 800 pixel or higher resolution is recommended.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- A printer (optional) or an installed printer driver.
- A projection system to display the instructor’s computer
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Office:mac (Home & Student, Home &
Business) Edition 2011.
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- use advanced formulas.
- organize worksheet and table data using various techniques.
- create and modify charts.
- insert and modify graphic objects in a worksheet.
- customize and enhance workbooks and the Microsoft Office
- Lesson 1: Calculating Data with Advanced Formulas
- Topic 1A: Apply Cell and Range Names
- Topic 1B: Calculate Data Across Worksheets
- Topic 1C: Use Specialized Functions
- Topic 1D: Analyze Data with Logical and Lookup Functions
- Lesson 2: Organizing Worksheet and Table Data
- Topic 2A: Create and Modify Tables
- Topic 2B: Format Tables
- Topic 2C: Sort or Filter Data
- Topic 2D: Use Functions to Calculate Data
- Topic 2E: Create a PivotTable Report
- Lesson 3: Presenting Data Using Charts
- Topic 3A: Create a Chart
- Topic 3B: Modify Charts
- Topic 3C: Format Charts
- Lesson 4: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Topic 4A: Insert and Modify Pictures and Clip Art
- Topic 4B: Draw and Modify Shapes
- Topic 4C: Illustrate Workflow Using SmartArt Graphics
- Topic 4D: Layer and Group Graphic Objects
- Lesson 5: Customizing and Enhancing the Excel Environment
- Topic 5A: Customize the Excel Environment
- Topic 5B: Customize Workbooks
- Topic 5C: Manage Themes
- Topic 5D: Create and Use Templates