Adobe® Photoshop® CS3: Level 1
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084570
Software: Adobe® Photoshop® CS3
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Certification: Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Program®
Adobe® Photoshop® has been an indispensable image
editing software application for many years. As an aspiring graphic designer,
you would like to familiarize yourself with image creation and editing using
this software. Understanding the different tools and features
available in Photoshop CS3 will help you to maximize your creative potential.
In this course, you'll use the several tools and features of Photoshop CS3
to work with images.
Course Objective: You will explore the Photoshop CS3 interface and use several tools
for selecting parts of images. You will learn to use layers and to apply layer
effects and filters to create special effects. Additionally, you will use
painting tools and blending modes to create shading effects. Finally, you
will save images in print and web formats.
Target Student: This course is designed to cover the basic image editing features
of Adobe Photoshop CS3. It is also designed as one in a series of courses
for students pursuing the Adobe Certification Exam for Adobe Photoshop CS3,
and it is a prerequisite to taking more advanced courses in the Adobe Photoshop
Prerequisites: Before taking this course, students should be familiar
with the basic functions of their computer's operating system, such as creating
folders, launching programs, and working with windows. They should also have
basic Windows application skills, such as copying and pasting objects, formatting
text, saving files, etc. The students should also be familiar with the basic
features/functions and terminology of image editing.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Intel® Pentium® 4, Intel® Centrino®, Intel®
Xeon®, or Intel® Core™ Duo (or compatible) processor.
- 512 MB RAM or above.
- 1 GB hard-disk space to install software, and an additional
500 MB to run the course.
- Color monitor with 16-bit or greater video card; 24-bit
- A mouse or compatible tracking device.
- 1024 x 768 or higher monitor resolution.
- CD-ROM drive.
- A display system to project the instructor's computer screen.
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2
- Adobe® Photoshop® CS3
- Adobe® Acrobat Reader® 7.0 or above
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the Photoshop CS3 environment.
- work with image areas.
- work with multiple layers.
- enhance images.
- save images in the web, print, and PDF formats.
- manage assets by using the various tools available in
- Lesson 1: Exploring the Photoshop Environment
- Topic 1A: Explore
the Photoshop Interface
- Topic 1B: Customize the Workspace
- Topic 1C: Explore the Navigation Tools
- Lesson 2: Working with Image Areas
- Topic 2A: Select Image Areas
- Topic 2B: Save a Selection
- Topic 2C: Modify a Selection
- Lesson 3: Working with Layers
- Topic 3A: Create Layers
- Topic 3B: Create Type Layers
- Topic 3C: Transform Layers
- Topic 3D: Alter Type Properties
- Topic 3E: Apply Layer Styles
- Topic 3F: Undo Previous Steps
- Topic 3G: Arrange and Group Layers
- Lesson 4: Enhancing Images
- Topic 4A: Paint Strokes on an Image
- Topic 4B: Apply Filter Effects
- Topic 4C: Convert an Image to Black and White
- Topic 4D: Blend Layers
- Topic 4E: Merge Layers and Flatten Images
- Lesson 5: Saving Images for Web and Print
- Topic 5A: Save Images for Use in Print Applications
- Topic 5B: Save Images for the Web
- Topic 5C: Save
Images as PDF
- Lesson 6: Managing Assets with Adobe® Bridge
- Topic 6A: Explore Adobe Bridge
- Topic 6B: Work with Adobe Bridge
- Topic 6C: Work with Stacks and Filters in Adobe Bridge
- Topic 6D: Apply Metadata and Keywords to Files
- Appendix A: Adobe
Certified Expert (ACE) Program®