Microsoft® Office Word 2010: Level 2
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084583
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Certification: MOS: Microsoft Office Word 2010
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will create complex documents and build personalized efficiency
tools using Microsoft Office Word 2010.
Target Student: This course is designed for persons who are able to create and modify
standard business documents in Microsoft Word 2010, but need to know how to
create or modify complex business documents and customized Word efficiency
tools. It also aims to assist persons preparing for the Microsoft Office Specialist
exams for Microsoft Word 2010.
Prerequisites: Students should be able to use Microsoft Word 2010 to
create, edit, format, save, and print basic business documents containing
text, tables, and graphics. Students can obtain this level of skill by taking
the following Element K course:
- Microsoft® Office Word 2010: Level 1
CertificationThis course is one of a series of Element K courseware
titles that addresses Microsoft Office Specialist skill sets. The Microsoft
Office Specialist program is for individuals who use Microsoft’s business
desktop software and seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft
products. Certification candidates must pass one or more proficiency exams
in order to earn the Microsoft Office Specialist certification.
Hardware RequirementsFor this course, you will need one computer for each student
and the instructor. Each computer should have the following hardware configuration:
- A 1 GHz Pentium-class processor or faster.
- A minimum of 256 MB of RAM. (512 MB of RAM is recommended.)
- A 10 GB hard disk or larger. You should have at least 1 GB
of free hard disk space available for Office installation.
- A CD-ROM drive.
- A keyboard and mouse or other pointing device.
- A 1024 x 768 resolution monitor is recommended.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- A printer (optional) or an installed printer driver.
- A projection system to display the instructor’s computer
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Office Professional Edition 2010
- Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- manage lists.
- customize tables and charts.
- customize the formatting of a document using styles and
- modify pictures in a document.
- create customized graphic elements.
- insert content using Quick Parts.
- control text flow.
- use templates to automate document creation.
- use the mail merge function.
- use macros to automate common tasks.
- Lesson 1: Managing Lists
- Topic 1A: Sort a List
- Topic 1B: Renumber a List
- Topic 1C: Customize a List
- Lesson 2: Customizing Tables and Charts
- Topic 2A: Sort Table Data
- Topic 2B: Control Cell Layout
- Topic 2C: Perform Calculations in a Table
- Topic 2D: Create Charts
- Lesson 3: Creating Customized Formats with Styles and Themes
- Topic 3A: Create or Modify a Text Style
- Topic 3B: Create a Custom List or Table Style
- Topic 3C: Apply Default and Customized Document Themes
- Lesson 4: Modifying Pictures
- Topic 4A: Resize a Picture
- Topic 4B: Adjust the Picture Appearance Settings
- Topic 4C: Wrap Text Around a Picture
- Topic 4D: Insert and Format Screenshots in a Document
- Lesson 5: Creating Customized Graphic Elements
- Topic 5A: Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
- Topic 5B: Draw Shapes
- Topic 5C: Add WordArt and Other Special Effects to Text
- Topic 5D: Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
- Lesson 6: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Topic 6A: Insert Building Blocks
- Topic 6B: Create Building Blocks
- Topic 6C: Modify Building Blocks
- Topic 6D: Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
- Lesson 7: Controlling Text Flow
- Topic 7A: Control Paragraph Flow
- Topic 7B: Insert Section Breaks
- Topic 7C: Insert Columns
- Topic 7D: Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
- Lesson 8: Using Templates to Automate Document Creation
- Topic 8A: Create a Document Based on a Template
- Topic 8B: Create a Template
- Lesson 9: Automating the Mail Merge
- Topic 9A: Use the Mail Merge Feature
- Topic 9B: Merge Envelopes and Labels
- Topic 9C: Create a Data Source Using Word
- Lesson 10: Using Macros to Automate Tasks
- Topic 10A: Automate Tasks Using Macros
- Topic 10B: Create a Macro