Microsoft ® Office Outlook ® 2010: Level 3
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084597
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will work with the advanced features of Outlook.
Target Student: This course is intended for persons with an intermediate understanding
of Outlook who need to use Outlook to personalize and organize their email,
manage Outlook data files, share and link contacts, archive items, create
forms, and work offline and remotely.
Prerequisites: This course assumes that you are proficient with Windows
to manage information on your computer and that you have an intermediate knowledge
of Outlook. The following Element K courses (or equivalent knowledge) are
- Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2010: Level 1
- Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2010: Level 2
Active Directory Domain Controller and Exchange 2010 Server For this course, you will need one computer to run Windows
Server 2010 Enterprise Edition and Exchange Server 2010. This system should
have the following configuration:
- An x64 architecture-based computer with an Intel processor
that supports an Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T) or AMD
processor that supports the AMD64 platform.
- A minimum of 4 GB of RAM per server plus 5 MB of RAM recommended
for each mailbox.
- Disk partitions formatted as the NTFS file system.
- At least 80 GB of disk space for installation.
- 200 MB of available disk space on the system drive.
- A DVD-ROM drive, local or network accessible.
- A 1024 x 768 resolution or higher monitor.
- A keyboard and mouse, or other pointing device.
- Paging file size should be equal to the amount of RAM on the
server plus 10 MB.
Classroom ComputersYou will need one client computer for each student and
one for the instructor. These computers should have the following configuration:
- 1 GHz Pentium®-class processor or faster.
- A minimum of 1 GB of RAM is recommended.
- 20 GB of hard disk or larger. You should have at least 1 GB
of free hard disk space available for Office installation.
- A DVD-ROM drive.
- A keyboard and mouse or other pointing device.
- A 1024 x 768 resolution monitor is recommended.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (check with your local network administrator).
- A printer (optional) or an installed printer driver.
- A projection system to display the instructor's computer screen.
The Active Directory Domain Controller and Exchange Server requires the following software:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008® Standard or Enterprise
Edition x64 bit or Windows Server 2008® R2 Standard or Enterprise x64
bit with Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010®
Each classroom computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Office® Professional Plus 2010
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3
- .NET framework 3.5 SP1
- Microsoft® Windows Search 4.0 (KB940157)
- Windows® Rights Management Services (RMS) Client with
Service Pack 3
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- personalize their email.
- organize Outlook items.
- manage Outlook data files.
- work with contacts.
- save and archive email messages.
- create a custom form.
- work offline and remotely.
- Lesson 1: Personalizing Your Email
- Topic 1A: Apply Stationery and Themes
- Topic 1B: Create a Custom Theme
- Topic 1C: Create a Signature
- Topic 1D: Modify Signatures
- Topic 1E: Configure Email Message Security Settings
- Lesson 2: Organizing Outlook Items
- Topic 2A: Group Items
- Topic 2B: Create Search Folders
- Topic 2C: Apply Conditional Formatting
- Lesson 3: Managing Outlook Data Files
- Topic 3A: Back Up Outlook Items in Outlook Data Files
- Topic 3B: Add Outlook Data Files to a Mail Profile
- Topic 3C: Change Data File Settings
- Lesson 4: Managing
Contacts and Contact Information
- Topic 4A: Forward Contacts
- Topic 4B: Edit an Electronic Business Card
- Topic 4C: Export Contacts
- Topic 4D: Perform a Mail Merge
- Topic 4E: Link Items to the Business Contact Manager
- Lesson 5: Saving and Archiving Email
- Topic 5A: Save Messages in Alternate Formats
- Topic 5B: Archive Messages
- Topic 5C: Protect Archives and Other Personal
- Lesson 6: Creating a Custom Outlook Form
- Topic 6A: Customize a Form
- Topic 6B: Create Outlook Items Based on a Custom Form
Appendix A: Newsgroups
Appendix B: RSS
Appendix C: The
Outlook Social Connector
Appendix D: Manage
- Lesson 7: Working Offline and Remotely
- Topic 7A: Make Folders Available Offline
- Topic 7B: Configure Remote Procedure Calls over HTTP
- Topic 7C: Download Selected Messages
- Topic 7D: Publish Calendar Information to Office Online