Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084740
Software: ACT! 2006
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
In the first course in this series, ACT! 2006 Level 1,
you gained the basic skills required to organize the information of contacts
in the database. In addition to organizing and working with the data in the
database, you might also want to search and retrieve specific data about your
contacts, send email to them, and also maintain the information without the
loss of data. In this course, you will query and manipulate data, customize
the ACT! 2006 environment to work with templates, and administer ACT! and
use its Internet features.
Course Objective: You will query and manipulate data, customize the ACT! 2006 environment
work with templates, and administer ACT! and use its Internet features.
Target Student: Corporate users, small business owners, government, medical, education,
and non-profit entities.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, it is required that you have basic
PC skills and an understanding of Windows.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Minimum 500 MHz processor Pentium III (or equivalent processor).
- Minimum 530 MB available hard disk space.
- Minimum 512 MB RAM.
- A CD-ROM drive.
- SVGA (800 x 600) or higher monitor resolution.
- A working Internet connection.
- Microsoft Windows XP, XP Professional, 2000, or 2000 Professional.
- ACT! 2006.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later version.
- Microsoft Outlook Express (for an optional activity).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or later version.
- Printer driver.
- Lotus Notes 6.0 or a later version (for an optional activity).
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- describe a standard lookup and a query.
- manipulate data.
- customize ACT! 2006.
- work with templates and the mail merge feature in ACT!
- customize the report template to extract information from
- examine how to manage the ACT! 2006 database.
- use the Internet and email features of ACT! 2006.
- Lesson 1: Creating Queries
- Topic 1A: Perform a Lookup
- Topic 1B: Create Advanced Queries
- Lesson 2: Manipulating Data
- Topic 2A: Import Data
- Topic 2B: Export Data
- Topic 2C: Exchange Data Using ACT! 2006 Link For Pocket PC
- Topic 2D: Synchronize Data
- Lesson 3: Customizing the ACT! 2006 Environment
- Topic 3A: Specify Startup Preferences
- Topic 3B: Customize Fields in a Database
- Topic 3C: Customize Layouts
- Topic 3D: Modify Menus and Keyboard Shortcuts
- Lesson 4: Working with Templates and Mail Merge
- Topic 4A: Create a Mail Merge Template
- Topic 4B: Generate Form Letters
- Topic 4C: Add Templates to the Write Menu
- Lesson 5: Customizing Report Templates
- Topic 5A: Modify the Report Template
- Topic 5B: Use a Custom Report Template
- Lesson 6: Administrating the ACT! 2006 Database
- Topic 6A: Manage Data Security
- Topic 6B: Perform Database Maintenance
- Lesson 7: Using the Internet and Email Features of ACT! 2006
- Topic 7A: Use Web Page Attachments
- Topic 7B: Generate Maps and Driving Directions
- Topic 7C: Integrate ACT! 2006 with Email Programs