Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084775
Software: Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Microsoft® Project 2007: Level 2 is the second course
in the Microsoft Project 2007 series. In Microsoft®
Project 2007: Level 1,
you used your project management skills to create a complete project plan.
The plans need to be updated and modified regularly to keep the project moving
on track. This course will build upon the knowledge gained, and give you the
opportunity to work with a project plan once it reaches the project implementation
Course Objective: You will exchange project plan data with other applications, update
project plans, create visual reports, and reuse project plan information.
Target Student: This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of
project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying
project plans, and who needs a tool to manage these project plans. It is also
intended for a person who has a basic understanding of Microsoft Project 2003.
Prerequisites: Students enrolling in this class should have:
- An understanding of project management concepts.
- Knowledge of a Windows operating system, XP or Vista.
- Microsoft Office Project 2007: Level 1.
The following Element K courses would be helpful, but
are not required: Project Management Fundamentals, Harvard Manage Mentor Project
Management (online course), Project Management Fundamentals Part 1 and 2 (online
Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 applications would
also be helpful.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
To use Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007 on each
student's machine, you need the following hardware:
- Intel® Pentium® 1.64 MHz or higher processor.
- 512 megabytes (MB) of RAM or more.
- 6 gigabytes (GB) of available hard-disk space or more.
- CD-ROM drive.
- Super VGA or higher resolution monitor.
- Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse®, or a compatible
- Additional items or services are required to use certain features:
14.4 Kbps or faster modem, and a multimedia computer to access sound and other
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft®
Windows Vista™ Business Edition.
Software required on each machine includes the following:
- Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business Edition or Microsoft
Windows XP Professional.
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007.
- Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2007.
- Internet Explorer® 6.0.
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- exchange project plan data with other applications.
- update a project plan.
- manage project costs.
- report project data visually.
- reuse project plan information.
- Lesson 1: Exchanging Project Plan Data with Other Applications
- Topic 1A: Import Project Information
- Topic 1B: Export Project Plan Data into Excel
- Topic 1C: Copy a Picture of the Project Plan Information
- Lesson 2: Updating a Project Plan
- Topic 2A: Enter Task Progress
- Topic 2B: Enter Overtime Work
- Topic 2C: Split a Task
- Topic 2D: Reschedule a Task
- Topic 2E: Filter Tasks
- Topic 2F: Set an Interim Plan
- Topic 2G: Create a Custom Table
- Topic 2H: Create a Custom Report
- Lesson 3: Managing Project Costs
- Topic 3A: Update Cost Rate Tables
- Topic 3B: Group Costs
- Topic 3C: Link Documents to a Project Plan
- Lesson 4: Reporting Project Data Visually
- Topic 4A: Create a Visual Report
- Topic 4B: Customize a Visual Report
- Topic 4C: Create a Visual Report Template
- Lesson 5: Reusing Project Plan Information
- Topic 5A: Create a Project Plan Template
- Topic 5B: Create a Custom View
- Topic 5C: Make Custom Views Available to Other Project Plans
- Topic 5D: Share Resources
- Topic 5E: Create a Master Project