Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084890
Software: Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Certification: Microsoft Certified Application Specialist – Excel® 2007
You have basic computer skills such as using a mouse,
navigating through windows, and surfing the Internet. You have also used paper-based
systems to store data that you run calculations on. You now want to migrate
that data to an electronic format.
Course Objective: You will create and edit basic Microsoft® Office Excel®
2007 worksheets and workbooks.
Target Student: This course is designed for people preparing for certification as
a Microsoft Certified Application Specialist in Excel, who already have knowledge
of Microsoft® Office, Windows® 2000 (or above), and who desire to
gain the skills necessary to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft
Office Excel 2007 worksheets.
Prerequisites: Students should be familiar with using personal computers
and have used a mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows
environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on your computer.
Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to
information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Students
should have completed the following courses or possess equivalent knowledge
before starting with this course:
- Windows XP Professional: Level
- Windows XP Professional: Level
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Windows 2000: Introduction
CertificationThis course is one of a series of Element K courseware
titles that addresses Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (Microsoft
Business Certification) skill sets. The Microsoft Certified Application Specialist
program is for individuals who use Microsoft’s business desktop software
and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products.
Certification candidates must pass one or more proficiency exams in order
to earn Microsoft Certified Application Specialist certification.
For this course, you will need one computer for each student
and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum
- A 1 GHz Pentium-class processor or faster.
- A minimum of 256 MB of RAM. 512 MB of RAM is recommended.
- A 10 GB hard disk or larger. You should have at least 1 GB
of free hard disk space available for the Office installation.
- A CD-ROM drive.
- A keyboard and mouse or other pointing device.
- A 1024 x 768 resolution monitor is recommended.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- A printer (optional) or an installed printer driver.
- A projection system to display the instructor’s computer
- Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2007
- Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007 environment
and create a basic worksheet.
- perform calculations.
- modify a worksheet.
- format a worksheet.
- print workbook contents.
- manage large workbooks.
- Lesson 1: Creating a Basic Worksheet
- Topic 1A: Explore the User Interface and the Ribbon
- Topic 1B: Navigate and Select in Excel
- Topic 1C: Obtain Help
- Topic 1D: Enter Data and Save a Workbook
- Topic 1E: Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
- Lesson 2: Performing Calculations
- Topic 2A: Create Basic Formulas
- Topic 2B: Calculate with Functions
- Topic 2C: Copy Formulas and Functions
- Lesson 3: Modifying a Worksheet
- Topic 3A: Manipulate
- Topic 3B: Insert and Delete Cells, Columns, and Rows
- Topic 3C: Search for Data in a Worksheet
- Topic 3D: Spell Check a Worksheet
- Lesson 4: Formatting a Worksheet
- Topic 4A: Modify Fonts
- Topic 4B: Add Borders and Color to Cells
- Topic 4C: Change Column Width and Row Height
- Topic 4D: Apply Number Formats
- Topic 4E: Position Cell Contents
- Topic 4F: Apply Cell Styles
- Lesson 5: Printing Workbook Contents
- Topic 5A: Print Workbook Contents Using Default Print Options
- Topic 5B: Set Print Options
- Topic 5C: Set Page Breaks
- Lesson 6: Managing Large Workbooks
- Topic 6A: Format Worksheet Tabs
- Topic 6B: Manage Worksheets in a Workbook
- Topic 6C: Manage the View of Large Worksheets