QuarkXPress® 8: Level 1
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084925
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will use QuarkXPress 8 to set up and lay out single-page and
Target Student: This course is intended for professional and prospective layout designers and technicians with
no experience using QuarkXPress, who need to learn to use QuarkXPress to lay
out publications. They have basic word processing skills and may already use
Illustrator and Photoshop.
Prerequisites: Before taking this course, students should be familiar
with the basic functions of their computer's operating system. They should
also have basic word processing skills, such as copying and pasting text,
formatting type, and so on.
- A Pentium®-based Windows-compatible computer.
- A CD-ROM drive.
- At least 128 MB of available RAM.
- At least 190 MB of hard disk space for QuarkXPress 8.0 installation,
and an additional 10 MB for course data.
- An active Internet connection with Microsoft Internet Explorer
version 3.0 or later, or Netscape Navigator version 3.0 or later.
Each computer requires the following software:
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- get started with a QuarkXPress® project.
- add text and graphics to a layout.
- typeset text in a QuarkXPress layout.
- create tables to present text and graphics in a layout.
- enhance the appearance of content in a layout.
- finalize a document for output.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with a QuarkXPress® Project
- Topic 1A: Explore the QuarkXPress® Interface
- Topic 1B: Set Up a Layout
- Lesson 2: Adding Content to a Layout
- Topic 2A: Add Text
- Topic 2B: Place Graphics
- Lesson 3: Typesetting
- Topic 3A: Flow Text
- Topic 3B: Format Paragraphs
- Topic 3C: Use Style Sheets
- Lesson 4: Presenting Text and Graphics in Tables
- Topic 4A: Create Tables
- Topic 4B: Modify Tables
- Lesson 5: Enhancing a Layout
- Topic 5A: Apply Colors
- Topic 5B: Set Item Properties
- Topic 5C: Check Spelling
- Topic 5D: Arrange Items
- Topic 5E: Convert Text to Boxes
- Lesson 6: Finalizing a Document for Output
- Topic 6A: Check Usage of Assets
- Topic 6B: Export a Layout
- Topic 6C: Print a Layout
- Topic 6D: Collect for Output