Adobe® Flash® CS5: Level 1 (Macintosh)
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084940
Course length: 2.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will create and manipulate a wide variety of objects ranging
from simple graphic designs to complex animation sequences using the Adobe®
Flash® CS5 application.
Target Student: This course is intended for designers and developers who are new
to Flash. It covers the Adobe Rich Media Communication sing Flash Professional
CS5 objectives, and is intended to help prepare students to take the Adobe
Certified Associate exam. Please refer to the CD-ROM that came with this course
for a document that maps the Adobe Rich Media Communication Using Flash Professional
CS5 objectives to the content in the Adobe® Flash® CS5 series.
Prerequisites: To gain the most from this class, students should acquaint
themselves with the Macintosh environment, the web and its terminologies and
should have a basic frame of reference for graphic and design applications.
Students should also have a desire to know the basic terminologies and components
of ActionScript™ and its role as a Flash programming language.
- PowerPC® G5 or Multicore Intel® processor
- 1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended)
- 4 GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required
- 1024 x 768 display (1280 x 800 recommended) with 16-bit video
card and monitor
- DVD-ROM drive
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (see your local network administrator)
- Keyboard and a mouse or other input device
Each computer requires the following software:
- Adobe® Flash® CS5 Professional
- Adobe® Flash® CS5 Media Encoder
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- get started with Flash CS5.
- add shapes, colors, and lines with drawing and painting
- create symbols and instances.
- identify and compare image types.
- manipulate objects.
- create and modify text and convert text to shapes.
- identify animation tools and features and create an animation.
- enter simple code in ActionScript and add a code snippet
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Flash CS5
- Topic 1A: Identify Components of the Flash CS5 Interface
- Topic 1B: Customize the Flash CS5 Interface
- Topic 1C: Introduce Rich Media Design Principles
- Lesson 2: Adding
Shapes, Colors, and Lines with Drawing and Painting Tools
- Topic 2A: Identify Flash Drawing and Painting Components
- Topic 2B: Apply and Customize Colors
- Topic 2C: Use Drawing and Painting Tools
- Topic 2D: Work with Interacting Objects
- Lesson 3: Creating Symbols and Instances
- Topic 3A: Create Symbols
- Topic 3B: Create Symbol Instances
- Lesson 4: Identifying Image Types
- Topic 4A: Identify Copyright and Citation Requirements
- Topic 4B: Compare Vector and Bitmap Images
- Topic 4C: Optimize Bitmap Images for Flash
- Lesson 5: Manipulating Objects
- Topic 5A: Select Objects Using the Selection Tools
- Topic 5B: Transform Objects
- Topic 5C: Organize Objects with Layers
- Lesson 6: Working with Text
- Topic 6A: Add Text to a Document
- Topic 6B: Create Text Fields
- Lesson 7: Using Animation Basics to Create Animations
- Topic 7A: Create Animations with Frames and Keyframes
- Topic 7B: Create Tween Animations
Appendix A: Adobe
Flash CS5 New Features Mapping
- Lesson 8: Getting Started with ActionScript™
- Topic 8A: An Introduction to ActionScript
- Topic 8B: Coding with Basic ActionScript
- Topic 8C: Use Code Snippets