CompTIA® Cloud Essentials (Exam CLO-001)
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 085195
Course length: 2.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will weigh the pros and cons of cloud computing to make effective
decisions and meet IT challenges.
Target Student: The CompTIA Cloud Essential Specialty certification is relevant
to IT specialists, IT technical services specialists, IT relationship managers,
IT architects, consultants, business and IT management, business process owners,
Prerequisites: This course is the first step on a training path that
can lead to a technical career dealing with cloud computing. CompTIA recommends
that a candidate have at least six months of experience in an IT environment,
with direct involvement in IT-related tasks, responsibilities and/or decision-making.
It is also recommended that the candidate take the following course: Introduction to Network Design and Management.
Hardware RequirementsYou will need a computer for the instructor. Computers
are not mandatory for students, but will be helpful for them to browse the
Internet while discussing specific points. The following system requirements
are the minimum suggested for this course:
- Intel® Pentium® IV with 300 MHz (or better).
- At least 512 MB of RAM.
- CD-ROM drive.
- A monitor capable of 1024 x 768 screen resolution and 32-bit
- Display system to project the instructor’s computer
- Internet connection.
Each computer requires the following software:
- This course does not require any specific software to be used
in a classroom setup.
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- learn the fundamental concepts of cloud computing.
- learn the business aspects and impact of cloud computing.
- differentiate the types of cloud solutions and the adoption
measures needed for each.
- identify the technical challenges and the mitigation measures
involved in cloud computing.
- identify the steps to successfully adopt cloud services.
- identify the basic concepts of ITIL and describe how the
ITIL framework is useful in the implementation of cloud computing in an organization.
- identify the possible risks involved in cloud computing
and the risk mitigation measures, and you will also identify the potential
cost considerations for the implementation of cloud and its strategic benefits.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Topic 1A: Overview of Cloud Computing
- Topic 1B: Evolution of the Cloud
- Topic 1C: Specialized Cloud Services
- Lesson 2: Business Value of Cloud Computing
- Topic 2A: Business Need for Cloud Computing
- Topic 2B: Cloud Scalability
- Topic 2C: Cloud Security
- Topic 2D: Impact of Cloud Computing on Business
- Lesson 3: Technical Perspectives of Cloud Computing
- Topic 3A: The Cloud Deployment Models
- Topic 3B: Network Requirements for Cloud Deployment
- Topic 3C: Automation and Self-Service in Cloud Computing
- Topic 3D: Federated Cloud Services
- Topic 3E: Standardization
- Lesson 4: Technical Challenges of Cloud Computing
- Topic 4A: Cloud Storage
- Topic 4B: Application Performance
- Topic 4C: Data Integration
- Topic 4D: Security Risks and Mitigation
- Topic 4E: Application
Architecture and the Development Process
- Lesson 5: Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud Services
- Topic 5A: Steps to Adopting Cloud Services
- Topic 5B: Organizational
Capability to Adopt Cloud Services
- Topic 5C: Cloud
Vendor Roles and Capabilities
- Topic 5D: Migrating
Applications to the Cloud
- Lesson 6: ITIL and Cloud Computing
- Topic 6A: Overview of ITIL
- Topic 6B: Planning Service Strategy
- Topic 6C: Designing Cloud Service
- Topic 6D: Transitioning to Live Environment
- Topic 6E: Running a Cloud Service Operation
- Topic 6F: Continual Service Improvement with Cloud
Appendix A: Mapping
Course Content to the CompTIA Cloud Essentials (Exam CLO- 001) Exam Objectives
Appendix B: CompTIA
Cloud Essentials (Exam CLO-001) Acronyms
- Lesson 7: Identifying Risks and Consequences
- Topic 7A: Organizational Risks
- Topic 7B: Technical Risks
- Topic 7C: Legal Risks
- Topic 7D: Cost Evaluation for Cloud Computing
- Topic 7E: Identify Maintenance Aspects of Strategic Flexibility