Hiring Outstanding Teams
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 088466
Course length: 1 day
You're a first-time manager who has to create a new team or complete an existing team. You want to locate and interview great
candidates, hire the most qualified, and smoothly integrate them into the team.
Course Objective: You will assess your team needs, attract candidates, interview them, select and hire the ideal candidate, and integrate the employee
into your team.
Target Student: First-time managers who need to build a team.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Pentium 90 MHz or higher processor or Macintosh PowerPC.
- Screen resolution of 800 x 600 set to 256 colors.
- Windows® 95, Windows® 98, Windows® 2000, Windows® ME, Windows® NT 4.0, Windows® XP Home Edition, or Windows® XP Professional.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0x, 5.5, or 6.0 or Netscape Navigator (excluding 6.0 and 6.1).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher; Apple QuickTime 5.0 or higher; Macromedia Flash Player 6.0.79 or higher; or Macromedia
Shockwave 7.0.2, 8.0, 8.5, 8.5.1 or higher.
- Turn off pop-up blocking. (Windows XP with Service Pack 2 Internet Explorer users only.)
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Attract the right candidates.
- Conduct behavioral interviews to identify ideal candidates.
- Conduct situational interviews and use other employee selection techniques to identify ideal candidates. You will also evaluate
candidates and hire your preferred candidate.
- Integrate new team members onto your team.
- Lesson 1: Attracting the Right Candidates
- Topic 1A: Assess Team Capabilities and Needs
- Topic 1B: Initiate the Hiring Process
- Topic 1C: Screen Candidates
- Lesson 2: Conducting Behavioral Interviews
- Topic 2A: Prepare for a Behavioral Interview
- Topic 2B: Conduct the Behavioral Interview
- Lesson 3: Conducting Situational Interviews and Other Employee Selection Techniques
- Topic 3A: Conduct a Situational Interview
- Topic 3B: Conduct Blended Interviews
- Topic 3C: Evaluate Candidates
- Topic 3D: Hire the Candidate
- Lesson 4: Integrating New Team Members
- Topic 4A: Integrate the New Associate Into Your Team
- Topic 4B: Evaluate Your New Employee