Applying Leadership Principles
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 088905
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course DescriptionCourse Objective: You will identify the principles of effective leadership and practical strategies to apply on the job to improve your performance as
a leader within your work group or organization.
Target Student: This course is intended for a wide range of managers, team leaders, and individual contributors who seek practical guidance
regarding leadership strategies.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Hardware RequirementsIf you wish to use the overheads provided on the interactive CD-ROM, you will need to set up a computer for yourself. If time
allows and you wish to use the business simulations provided on the CD-ROM in the classroom, you will need to set up a computer
for each student participating in the class.
- A Pentium® III with 500 MHz (or better), or Macintosh® Intel-based or PowerPC G4 (or better) processor.
- At least 512 MB of RAM.
- A monitor capable of 1024 x 768 screen resolution and 32-bit color display.
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Windows Vista®, Windows® XP (Professional or Home Edition), Windows 2000, or Apple® Mac OS® X 10.4 (or higher).
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7 (or higher), Mozilla® Firefox® 2 (or higher), or Apple® Safari® 2 (or higher), with pop-up
blocking turned off.
- Adobe® Flash® Player 8 (current version recommended).
Course ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- develop critical leadership skills.
- build great business relationships.
- Lesson 1: Developing Critical Leadership Skills
- Topic 1A: Identify Characteristics of Great Leaders
- Topic 1B: Develop Effective Communication Skills
- Topic 1C: Become a Problem Solver
- Lesson 2: Building Great Business Relationships
- Topic 2A: Build Your Reputation
- Topic 2B: Build a Storehouse of Good Will